Topic: THE ROD OF GOD IN YOUR HAND
Text: Exo. 17:5-9
Minister: Pastor Wole Daniels
(This may not be called a sermon but a CHARGE to know and to start doing the right thing)
“And the Lord said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go. Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel. And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the Lord, saying, Is the Lord among us, or not? Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.” Exo. 17:5-9
===> I am praying for somebody here this morning that the rod of God in your hands shall not become your wrath, in the name of Jesus.
– Why God Will Want To Take You Special By Waiting For You In A Place?
• Anytime God wants to do something new, he starts with what you have; what you are, to start/begin with you. (Verse 5 and verse 9). In verse 5 of the text, God told Moses that he should take his own rod but when Moses was talking in verse, he said it is the rod of God.
• There is nothing you have that is not given to you. And that moment you understand that it is not your own; that it belongs to God and you give it to God to use it, anywhere you go, God will be waiting for you.
– The moment you acknowledge that it is God in your life, God will be waiting for you anywhere you go.
===> I pray for you; that which the Lord has given to you will become the instrument of God in your life, in the name of Jesus.
• For you to have constant victory, that which you have must become of God.
===> I pray that any good thing that is working for you; you will be able to drop it at God’s feet, in the name of Jesus.
• Everything you have, acknowledge God with it: your talent, your gifts, your wisdom, knowledge, expertise and give it to Him.
1. O Lord arise, raise great men for my sake, in the name of Jesus.
Prayers of Covenant
1. Pray that the Lord should make you find YOUR OWN rod, and when you find it; that you will use it for your glory, in the name of Jesus.
2. Pray that if God turns the ordinary to extraordinary, you will use it for His glory alone, in the name of Jesus.
1. O God arise, give me my rod of victory, in the name of Jesus.
2. Any power, that is hiding my rod from me, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. I recover, my rod; the rod of God in my hands, from the hands of the enemies, in the name of Jesus.
4. Any power, that wants to take my rod from, you are a liar, die by fire, in name of Jesus.
5. O Lord my Father, turn ordinary to extraordinary in my life, in the name of Jesus.
Source: MFM H/Q Sermons